Saturday, April 10, 2010

Meatless Main Dish: Millet and Black Bean Patties with Corn

Sometimes finding meatless main dishes can be difficult.  I find a lot of my meatless meals end up being casseroles or one-dish meals.  There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but I like to have meals where I can prepare some side dishes sometimes, as well.  I was excited to try these Millet and Black Bean Patties with Corn when I saw the recipe on another blog I like to read, No Meat Athlete. The recipe is from a vegan cook book he is featuring this month, Clean Food.  I don't have this cook book, but think I will seek it out after trying this recipe as I really enjoyed it.  Even better, Tim liked the patties and Meghan ate them, too.  That is always a bonus.  These patties make a great base for a southwest-themed meal.  They were easy to prepare and the recipe yielded a lot so we have leftovers.  In case you missed the link to the recipe earlier, here it is again:  http://www.nomeatathlete.com/clean-food/  Happy meatless cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment