Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3 Food Challenge

   It occurred to me that posting recipes from a cookbook on a blog may not be legal.  I'm relatively new to blogging and didn't think about copyright issues initially.  So this morning I looked at the copyright page of a few of my cookbooks and sure enough they all have something like "no portion of this book may be reproduced without permission".  I doubt enough people are going to read this blog for anyone to notice, but I still don't want to break the law, so I removed the recipes I posted previously and from now on will only post recipes that are my own.  This means there will be very few recipes!  But I'll still give details about what we are eating and how the food challenge is going.
    Yesterday was a good day.  I tried a few more recipes from my new cookbook, 1,000 Vegan Recipes and both were delicious.  For lunch we had Two Potato Soup with Rainbow Chard.  As I was making it I was worried that Tim wouldn't like it because #1 there were visible pieces of onion and Tim hates onion and #2 it was filled with greens which I thought would turn him off.  In the end he loved the soup.  It had a vegetable stock as the base, red potatoes and sweet potatoes and the rainbow chard.  There was a pinch of crushed red pepper which gave it a tiny bite.  When the soup was almost finished I thought it tasted a little bland and needed something more, so I added a few dashes of cinnamon.  I think this made the soup.

   For dinner we had Cashew Fettuccine with peas and mushrooms.  The sauce was intended to mimic a cream-based sauce and made with cashews, nutritional yeast, and soy milk.  I loved it.  It was mixed with whole wheat fettuccine, mushrooms, peas, topped with whole wheat breadcrumbs, and baked.  This was a nice, hearty meal that we both liked a lot.  There was plenty left over so we'll have that for dinner tonight also.

    Our biggest challenge is still snacks.  Today my focus is going to be finding wholesome snacks that are not processed food that will keep us satisfied between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment