Thursday, January 14, 2010

Food Challenge Summary Days 9-11









       Since we'd had so many one-dish meals lately, I decided to go with a more traditional meal last night with a main entree (chickpea medallions) and side dishes (wild and brown rice and roasted vegetables).  This was my favorite vegan meal so far.  I made a "cheezy" sauce (a recipe from one of my old favorites, Veganomicon) to go on top of the chickpea medallions and it was great.  Tim was not a fan.  I'm  not sure if it was the texture that turned him off (more bready than meaty), or if they were a tad bit too dry as I may have overcooked them.  Oops.  It didn't bother me at all; I thought everything was delicious.  He still ate everything on his plate, so I guess it was a successful meal nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the weird formatting. I'm not that tech savvy and I really don't have time to figure it out right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete